Thursday, January 29, 2009

Amsterdam

So here I am in Amsterdam. :)
I spent the first two days at the conference,
so I didn’t start sight-seeing until today.
Here’s the RAI convention center where the conference was held.
It’s under renovation now, so it’s hard to get a good picture of it.



The logo of Amsterdam RAI is like a bridge? and also an A?



And now the stereotypical tourist pictures…
This is Dam Square and the Koninklijk Paleis (Royal Palace).


The National Monument on the other side of Dam Square
It is a memorial for the Dutch soldiers killed in WWII.


Street artist on the Dam Square


Cute pigeons on the square
Well… their bodies are round and cute, but their eyes are kinda intimidating…


Singel Canal... I think
All the canal pictures are very similar....



Westerkerk
Its tower is the tallest in Amsterdam.
Too bad we can’t climb to the top during winter season.



Keizersgracht Canal


Magna Plaza…. It’s a shopping mall!



Bloemenmarkt (flower market) by the Singel



Tulips! :)


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! What type of animal is that atop the Amsterdam RAI logo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these photos with us. It makes me want to see Amsterdam all over again! I didn't have enough time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the animal on the RAI desk is my stuff animal lobster. It's very small, so sometimes I bring it when I travel and take pictures of her at different places. :P

    ReplyDelete