Thursday, January 15, 2009

Possible Themes.....

Well, since I’m a tourism person, the first thing that comes to my mind is to choose a destination or an event as my theme. Examples of destinations might be Taiwan, Hong Kong, Las Vegas, or some smaller destinations closer to Clemson. But the problem of choosing a destination is the making of the film. I would love to choose Taiwan or Taipei as my theme, but I cannot go back there during the semester to make the film. I don’t know if we’re allowed to take other people’s films and edit it for the assignment? If it is okay to put together a film from existing video clips, then I can choose more interesting destinations. Or I also thought about choosing an event or a festival as my theme, such as the 2012 Olympics in London, the Taste of Chicago Food Festival, the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Savannah, or some Taiwanese holidays like the Lantern Festival.

I’m not really good at thinking outside the box. If not from the tourism perspective, some other possible themes might be the things I like in everyday life, like coffee, baseball, or snow? Or I also like animals, like cats, penguins, and pandas. In Taiwan, we recently received two pandas from China, so that might be a more current theme? But do these everyday things seem kind of boring? I also thought about selecting an abstract notion as my theme, such as “serendipity”! I’ve always liked the word “serendipity,” but I have no idea how I can communicate the idea of serendipity visually.....

No comments:

Post a Comment